OUR GOLD STANDARD EYE EXAMINATION
At Feltham Eyecare Centre, we are a family run business with a passion to treat you as an individual, offering a tailored approach to eyecare and visual correction.
Today’s advances in technology enables us to provide a more detailed eye examination than ever before and we have always had a strong bias on clinical excellence and fantastic service with fabulous products carefully selected to meet your unique needs and wants.
We take time to get to know both new and existing clients so that we can better understand your visual requirements allowing us to provide the best visual solutions.
We have invested in the latest technology to make your visit as quick and safe as possible while being really thorough.
Feltham Eyecare Centre is contracted to provide sight tests funded by the NHS and these tests last around 30 minutes as opposed to our Gold Standard Eye Exam which is an hour. The basic NHS test doesn’t allow us to include a high standard of investigation offered by our advanced eye examination. For your own peace of mind, we encourage you to upgrade to our Gold Standard Eye Examination for a minimal fee or by joining our Eyeplan scheme where you can spread the cost monthly.
You are entitled to a free NHS funded sight test if you are:
- Aged under 16, or aged under 19, and in full-time education
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Eligible for a NHS voucher
You are also entitled to a free NHS sight test if:
- You receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (not contribution based)
- You receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- You receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- You are entitled to, or named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC2)
At the end of your sight test, we will discuss your requirements including any necessary visual correction; referrals or treatment you require.
During Covid, we are keeping you safe during your visit:
- We are limiting the number of people in our Practice at one time. Children or vulnerable people can be accompanied by an adult or carer but otherwise please attend alone where possible.
- We have minimised the amount of time spent close up through our advanced diagnostic equipment which allows your Optometrist to stay at least 1 metre away from you where possible.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we are currently operating a locked door policy and one of our team will meet you at the door and talk you through our distancing and hygiene measures which are now in place.
- We have a hand sanitiser available for use throughout the Practice and our team will be wearing personal protective equipment that will be changed regularly.
- We will be thoroughly disinfecting examination rooms and optical testing equipment after each patient that we see.
- If you try on frames, your frame stylist will ask you to put them in a specific tray so we can give them a cleanse in our dedicated UV cleaner before they are tried on or touched again.