COVID-19 – Essential & Emergency Eyecare Services
We’re all adjusting to the ‘new normal’ at the moment and it’s can be confusing to know exactly what services are still available for you, so, here’s a handy guide as to what we can currently offer you.
Feltham Eyecare Centre is currently closed for routine appointments, but if you have an urgent problem with your eyes or vision we can still help. To make it easy for you, you can either call us on 020 8867 0406, send us a WhatsApp message, or contact us online. Our principal optometrist, Mr Kasmani, is offering telephone and video call triages and will be able to discuss any emergency or essential eyecare in order to determine the best course of action.
We are usually able to resolve 80% of calls without you needing to visit an optician or hospital. One of the things that has made our service so successful during the COVID-19 pandemic is the specialist software that we’re using – AOS.
If you have a visible eye problem such as red eyes, dry eyes or issues with contact lenses, you’ll be able to download the AOS software app and use it to take a picture of your eye, which can then be sent directly to our optometrist to be assessed. The software enables us to analyse your eye from the image and make a diagnosis without seeing you in person.
Of course, there are some more serious vision issues that will necessitate an emergency appointment, in which case you can be assured we will make safe arrangements for you to be seen by the relevant eyecare professional.
Glasses and contact lenses
We are still able to supply temporary replacement glasses based on your current prescription, as well as glasses frame repairs if you urgently need them in order to see clearly on a daily basis. This is especially important if any of you are an essential worker or are self-isolating. If you are local to us, we will arrange for a member of staff to come and personally deliver your spectacles to you, otherwise we will arrange for them to be delivered via post.
We are supplying contact lenses and solutions too – if you’re a pay as you go customer, simply call us to place your order and you’ll be able to pay over the phone and get them delivered to your door, and if you’re on one of our contact lens payment plans, we’ll continue to ship your new lens supplies to you.
Looking to the future
As lockdown restrictions lift, we have been busy preparing the practice for our reopening. For your safety, comfort, and convenience we will be implementing the following measures:
- Planning our Covid-19 Risk Assessment and processes for disinfection & infection control in practice.
- The use of PPE and face shields by members of our team to protect you and ourselves.
- The installation of a screen-shield and hand-sanitiser station at the reception desk. When you visit you will be asked to disinfect your hands with 70% alcohol gel. Throughout your visit you will be asked to wash/disinfect your hands when necessary.
- Longer appointment times at a 1 hour minimum to give time for a full disinfection process of all surfaces and equipment.
- Limiting the number of visitors to our practice to a maximum of 2 at any one time to reduce the risk of spreading infection, as per social distancing guidelines. To this end, all visits to Feltham Eyecare Centre will be by appointment only.
- We are looking at installing a buzzer entry system, to allow us to control the number of people in practice and prevent walk ins from entering and potentially compromising your safety.
- With the exception of small children, we will ask all patients to wear a face mask when they visit, if you don’t have one, we will be happy to supply one to you for free. You will be able to make a small donation for the face mask to either Vision Aid Overseas or West London Kidney Patients Association if you wish to.
We intend to call all patients the day before their appointment, primarily to make sure that you are well enough to come in, along with discussing your eyecare, lifestyle and medical history and any eyewear or contact lens requirements, depending on the nature of your appointment.
We are still waiting for full confirmation for when we will reopen, but are hopeful that it will be on the 4th of July, depending on the government directive. In the meantime, please either call Mr Kasmani on 020 8867 0406, send a WhatsApp to +442088670406, or contact us via our website for any eyecare advice. Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!